www.inkthinkerblog.com — Those who were visiting the site between 9:30 and 11 last night probably noticed some strange things happening, namely random widgets popping in and out of posts and things mysteriously moving around in the sidebar.
It’s still a work in progress (will it ever stop being a work in progress???), but here’s what you’ll find now that probably wasn’t here last time you visited:
- Faster page loads. There was an Amazon script slowing things down. Instead of it automatically linking to things in the Amazon catalog, I now have to do it manually — but it’s worth it for you to have a more pleasant Inkthinker experience. Also, there are fewer blinky things, and it will stay that way. Blinky is good sometimes, but jeez, advertisers, cool it already!
- A better blogroll. When I moved Inkthinker away from Blogger, I also moved the blogroll out of the sidebar because it was so long that I couldn’t find a good spot to put it in the template. My Blog Picks are now back in the sidebar and appear on every page of the blog! If you want to be added to the blogroll, e-mail me. Reciprocal links are very much appreciated, but not required. Only writing-related blogs are included, so if it’s not about writing at least some of the time, I definitely will not add it. Nothing personal, just my policy.
- Bookmarking tools. At the bottom of each post is a little Share This icon. If you like a post, please take a moment to Stumble, Digg, or otherwise bookmark it so others can enjoy it, too! Anything you can do to spread the work about Inkthinker is always appreciated.
- Topspots. Topspots is part tip jar, part advertising. If you like what you see on Inkthinker and want to support the blog (eg, offset blog costs, show appreciation for a job lead or useful guidance, tell me you think I’m cool, etc), please consider making a modest contribution. (The amount is currently set at $5, via PayPal.) As a thank you for your support, you’ll get a primo placement link on your favorite writing blog to promote whatever you want (except porn — no porn). You stay in the top spot until someone else bumps you. For an example of this in action, see Deb Ng’s Freelance Writing Jobs, where I am in spot 3 as of this writing. FYI, they’re working on a narrower version for me.
- Tip your waitress. At the bottom of each post is a link to make a contribution of your choice if you feel so inclined. You can do fifty cents or fifty dollars, whatever you want. As always, contributions are completely optional. This is not a high-pressure sales pitch, just a heads up that if you want to give something, there’s a way to do it. All your choice. Seriously.
In the works:
- A Digg This! badge for each post… Still trying to figure out how to do that.
- Links to my — and your — favorite posts
- Inkthinker polls
What would you like to see on Inkthinker? Leave a comment and I’ll add your suggestions to my to-do list.
Contents Copyright © 2006-2014 Kristen King