www.inkthinkerblog.com — Blame it on the weather, the economy, your cold, your spouse, lack of sleep — Whatever the reason, some days just don’t go as well as you’d like. Today, for instance.
Here are clues that you may need to stop multitasking, or maybe just take a nap.
- You’re finishing lunch when you realize that there’s peanut butter all over your iPhone.
- You just finished a call with your boss / client / repairman with, “Love you, bye.”
- On your way to get more coffee, you realize you left a trail of Post-It notes on the floor behind you last time you refilled. Which leads you to realize that there were Post-It notes stuck to you in several places. Oops.
- You clear your morning for a meeting you realize only later is happening next Monday.
- You spend 10 minutes talking about a project with a co-worker before you realize you’re actually talking about two different projects.
- You spend 15 minutes racing back in from the car several times for things you forgot on your way to run an errand that takes less than 10 minutes.
- It takes you about 10 minutes to realize that the dog looks funny because he chewed up a black ink pen.
- It takes you about 10 minutes after that to realize that your reading pillow looks funny because the dog chewed that up, too.
- You repeatedly open a new e-mail and then freeze because you forgot who you were writing to and about what.
Fill in No. 10 for me, peeps. What clues you in to the fact that you’re just out of it? Leave a comment with your suggestion, and a funny story about it if you feel so inclined!
Contents Copyright © 2006-2014 Kristen King