The Online Writer: a Two-Part Workshop on Website Design, Blogging, and Web-based Work for Writers
Instructor: Kristen King
Part 1: Saturday, August 15, 9 am – 4:30 pm, Part 2: Saturday September 12, 9:00am-4:30pm
The Online Writer, Part 1: Taking Your Writing Online
Saturday, August 15, 2009, 9:00am-4:30 pm
Cost: $99 for members, $110 for non-members
www.inkthinkerblog.com — In Part 1 of the two-part Online Writer series, copywriter and communications consultant Kristen King, MPS, will give seminar attendees a soup-to-nuts picture of what it means to be a writer in the digital world. From staking out your piece of cyberspace with an effective writer website to using online tools to find work and secure new clients, King will equip you with the knowledge you need to make smart decisions about writing for online audiences and running your business with the help of the wild, wild Web.
Topics will include:
- Websites, Blogs, and Social Media, Oh My! Your presence on the web
- Finding Work (print and electronic) Online: Job boards, subscription services, and how to win the job
- Paper vs. Pixels: What you need to know to write for online audiences
- eBooks, Landing Pages, Auto-responders, and More: Work you may have never known existed
- eLiterary Magazines: Finding them, submitting your work, and getting published
Attendance is limited to 15 students due to the hands-on nature of the course. Participants will be expected to collaborate in pairs or small groups throughout the day in interactive discussions, and will create personalized strategies in the final session of the day to guide their next steps.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Advance registration is required; no walk-ins will be accepted. Register Now! Continue reading Take Kristen’s Class “The Online Writer” at WriterHouse in Charlottesville, VA – 8/15 and 9/12