Friday Fun Challenge: Write Your Job Description in One Sentence

by Kristen King on February 20, 2009

876579_laughter.jpg(www.inkthinkerblog.com) — Today’s all about humor, and I’m challenging you to describe your job in one sentence or less — preferably a funny one. (This isn’t my idea; I stole it from the 50 Funniest Short Job Descriptions Ever.) Here are some examples to get your juices flowing:

• Arrive after the battle and bayonet all the wounded: Auditor
  • Take a simple two-way promise and turn it into several complicated one-way promises which neither side can understand or hope to fulfill: Lawyer
  • Run away and call the police: Security Guard
  • Copy and paste the Internet: Student

How would you describe your job? Leave a comment.

I’ll have a nifty prize for my favorite (which is totally subjective and totally not up for argument, btw). Be sure to comment before COB today to be eligible for the prize! I’ll cut off eligible entries at 5 p.m. PST / 8 p.m. EST, though comments will remain open for fun.

Don’t forget to enter to win an Epson WorkForce 600 All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer. Deadline 11:59:59 p.m. EST today!

Contents Copyright © 2006-2014 Kristen King

(image: William Vermeulen)

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Lillie Ammann February 20, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Hold the author’s hand, wipe their forehead, and help them deliver that bouncing baby book.

Lillie Ammann´s last blog post..Read an E-Book Week

Kari February 20, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Resist tempting impulses to do anything else instead of sitting at my desk thinking: Writer

Kelli February 20, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Scrounge together a last-minute presentation on Avoiding Procrastination: Professional trainer

Angie February 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Wrangling piles of mismatched socks and explaining the difference between an amphibian and a reptile to my son while listening to my daughter explain again why she NEEDS a cell phone. – Mom

Damaria Senne February 21, 2009 at 7:51 am

My job is to get people to tell me their secrets and then tell the whole world about it – journalist

Damaria Senne´s last blog post..Your rights and responsibilities in a relationship

Kim Woodbridge February 22, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Remind an elderly man what he wanted me to do yesterday … or not.

Kim Woodbridge´s last blog post..(Anti) Social-Lists 2/22/09

Lori February 23, 2009 at 8:53 am

My husband wants to add his -

I weigh molecules: Chemist

Mine -

I dazzle with prose and then watch as clients’ families, friends, coworkers, and security guards edit ad nauseum and then listen to client explain why I’m not getting paid because Aunt Freida thinks I’m not very good based on the edits three coworkers inserted into the project – Writer

Lori´s last blog post..When Work Gets In the Way